Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Shower of Blessings!

Thanks to my dear friend Amy (Herman) White,


I had the sweet blessing of celebrating the soon-to-be arrival of our little Joel with my precious home church family and friends & family in the New Castle area. It was so special to be able to share this joyful time with these dear people who have watched me grow up and prayed us through the difficulties of my illness.

Staci (Storie) Small and her 11-week-old son Gavin came from Indianapolis. Staci and I became friends when my family moved in next door to her – we were 3 years old! Now we will have sons the same age!

Heather (Young) Harvey and her mom came down from Hartford City, IN. Heather and I have been dear friends since I was 5 years old.

Of course there were some fun games (hosted by Amy (Boyd) Golliher):

How many squares of toilet paper around is Alisha's baby belly???

Who can drink apple juice from a baby bottle the fastest???

We so deeply appreciate all the gracious gifts and the work that went into making the day so special.

Handmade baby gifts are a treasure:

baby blanket made by Lynda Spicer (from church)

burp cloths made by Linda Branham (neighbor of my parents)
Adorable outfits!!


And all those special baby "goodies" - like shampoo, washcloths, toys, bibs, etc!! What fun!

I love reading to Joel! Amy had each of the ladies bring an unwrapped book for little Joel. What a wonderful idea!! Joel has already been enjoying them.

3 comments:

Ruthy said...

I dreamed about you guys last night. I think that means that baby is coming soon. =0)

Paula said...

Hey, my name is Paula Smith, I'm a member of Calvry and i was one of the girls who called to rent from you when your room was available. I noticed on your recent blog you're from Indiana. I am too! I also saw that you know people from Hartford City, it's a small world because my grandparents and mom live there! My grandpa is Raymond Lake, he's a pastor and he's well known in the small town.
It's so nice to know someone from Indiana, knows H.C. Maybe our families know eachother...
sorry for taking up a lot of room, just wanted to say hi and drop by.

Unknown said...

We're waiting for the announcement. I heard Jeremy singing on a cd this evening and decided to look you up and see how things are going. We hope to hear soon that your baby is born and we are looking forward to seeing pictures of Joel. We also hope to see him in person this July.

Ken and Jeri Butler

Beginning of Our Summer Ministry 2007

Beginning of Our Summer Ministry 2007
Mountain Avenue Baptist Church

Jeremy & Pastor Richard Szydlowski

Gethsemane Baptist Church

Gethsemane Baptist Church
Enjoying the gorgeous purple trees outside the church

Memorial Day Picnic

Memorial Day Picnic
Pastor Smith, John, & Ruby Degado

Serious Volleyballers!

Alisha & Mrs. Jill Smith (pastor's wife)