Thursday, September 13, 2007

We're back!

Wow! I am sure you have all given up on me…since it’s been 3 months since my last post! I apologize for the lack of communication, but I have a good excuse – a VERY good excuse. A picture is worth a thousand words, so I’ll let these pictures speak my excuses for me…

Yes, while Jeremy and I were on the Big Island of Hawaii we found out we are expecting our first child in March!!!! We wanted to commemorate the day by writing in the Black Sands of Waipio Valley, but no words can truly express our joy and gratefulness for this precious answer to prayer. To those of you who have prayed for us in this regard we can only say “Thank you!” and may the Lord be praised!

So, now you understand! I have spent the last three months dealing with “morning” sickness – which for me has meant all day nausea with some intense vomiting – as well as a great amount of fatigue. But as we heard the heartbeat of our little baby all the struggles of these difficult days melted away into an overwhelming gratitude for this miracle of life within me. Because of my past health issues I was never fully sure I would be able to conceive and carry a child. Now my heart cries out with Hannah, “For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him.” (I Samuel 1:27)

We praise the Lord that I am experiencing a “normal” pregnancy (no abnormal issues because of my past illness) and I am 15 weeks along. My official due date is March 9. Only 24 more weeks…but who’s counting?!
Since we have made it past the critical three month mark we are starting to enjoy the preparations for the arrival of our sweet little one.



Even Laddie wants to be a part of the action. We’re not exactly sure how he will respond to having to share his mama but we’ll do our best to make the adjustment as easy as possible for him. He’s a sweet pup!
Now that I am feeling somewhat “alive” again during this second trimester I will do my best to keep you updated. Once “Baby Vegter” arrives I will have more to write about and pictures galore, but I’ll do my best during the next five months to keep you in the “loop.”

9 comments:

Ben said...

Congratulations. We can't wait to see your new addition.

Betty 'Rie said...

What a great post, Alisha! I'm soooo sorry about the morning sickness. I can so relate to that. It does go away (at least for most people) and you are now entering the best phase of pregnancy! We will look forward to many more posts about Baby Vegter!

Ruthy said...

Congratulations again, Friends!!! We're very excited for you. =0) It is a bit strange to see Jer putting up a crib, but he's generally strange anyway, so..... Hah! (just had to take a jab atcha, Bud!) Enjoy every moment of this beautiful journey. How can you love someone so much that you've never met? Isn't is surreal? Love you guys - take care; you're in my prayers. =0)

Family by Love said...

Awesome pictures! I know I've already said it, but CONGRATULATIONS! We serve an awesome God and I love seeing Him at work in the lives of His faithful servants.

Nana said...

Congratulations! Jim and I are so glad and praise the Lord with you! Ladie looks just like Alex! What a cutie. Alex is now going on 12 years old. If Ladie is anything like Alex, he will love the new addition. We now have 2 granddaughters. Kendra (our oldest 26 months old) loves "Agis" and Agis loves her.
We will continue to look on your site to see the progress and soon to be baby!

Jim and Marie Phillips

Burman Batch said...

I am so excited to see the Lord answer your prayers!! I understand about the dreaded morning sickness. I pray that it will totally be gone for you soon!! What a blessing!!

Dawn said...

Jer & Alisha,

Again just want to pass on our Congratulations to you both! What an amazing answer to prayer. We are excited to welcome Baby Vegter into our family!

Love,
Jon & Dawn

MommaHarms said...

You guys probably don't remember me, but I was a student at MBBC from 1998-2003 (Nicole Hoelscher was my name then, but I wasn't in music). Anyways, congrats, and your due date is my little girl's birthday. March is a great month to have a baby - just the right weather when you are ready to start "going out."

2Icecubed said...

Congratulations, Jeremy and Alisha!!! I found your blog through Ruthy's and was thrilled to hear your news!! The second trimester is the best one!! Hope you feel better soon. Enjoy each step of the way...there is nothing else like it and the anticipation of what/who is to come!!!:) March IS a great month to have a baby. Our oldest was born in March. Winter is over and warm days are around the corner!!:) Keep us posted!

Beginning of Our Summer Ministry 2007

Beginning of Our Summer Ministry 2007
Mountain Avenue Baptist Church

Jeremy & Pastor Richard Szydlowski

Gethsemane Baptist Church

Gethsemane Baptist Church
Enjoying the gorgeous purple trees outside the church

Memorial Day Picnic

Memorial Day Picnic
Pastor Smith, John, & Ruby Degado

Serious Volleyballers!

Alisha & Mrs. Jill Smith (pastor's wife)